Analytics Intelligence is a data analytics company dedicated to maximising value for clients from their from digital intelligence and customer data. We are currently expanding our analytics team with an experienced Data Scientist.
You'll join the existing team to work on developing algorithms to extract insight from web analytics, business intelligence, competitive intelligence, CRM and other large data sets. You'll design the algorithms to work at scale, and, working with our data engineers, will incorporate them into our Analytics Engine.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Conceptualise solutions which analyses a varaity of customer data to identify insight that can be used by clients to take action to improve website and mobile app performance
- Develop prototype algorithms and proof of concept demonstrations of these solutions
- Specify production requirements, and write robust scalable code for proven models
- Manage small development activities and client projects, including configuring and customising models to meet specific client needs
Education and experience:
- 3-5 years professional experience in a data science role using MATLAB, R or Python
- Degree level qualification in a discipline involving mathematics and data analysis, e.g. Optimisation, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- A at A Level Maths or equivalent
- Fluency in MATLAB, R or Python
- Proven ability to learn and use new programming languages quickly
- Experience in machine learning and/or statistical techniques preferred
- Experience of writing production quality code to process large data sets
- Experience of working with utility data or at time series data, customer data, and/or operational business data
- Exceptional pattern spotting and problem-solving ability, and a fastidious eye for detail
- Rigour and discipline, and strong personal organisational skills
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging new role in a data driven organisation.